The Global Institute for the Arts and Leadership
Our mission is to help build a more peaceful, sustainable and beautiful world by empowering individuals, organizations and communities to use the arts for social impact.
To meet the challenges of an increasingly uncertain, volatile, and complex world, people and institutions need to be inventive, creative, resourceful, and resilient. We believe that the arts can be a singularly effective force for building those capacities to achieve positive change through measurable and sustainable outcomes.
TGIAL is an entrepreneurial organization that fosters the full scope of artistic practice and thinking as a vibrant, animating framework for positive change. Its primary purpose stands on a whole-hearted commitment to making the arts a critical asset for the betterment of humanity. In line with that world view, the organization holds the following as guiding principles:
- Forward-thinking objectives that place a priority on community needs, social issues and long-term benefits.
- Socially just practices and programs.
- Environmentally aware operation.
- Judicious financial management.
- Fiscal transparency.
- Inclusiveness for all ethnicities, nationalities, generations, faiths, sexual orientations,genders, and political affiliations.
- Collaboration with all organizations, institutions, and individuals holding complementary goals and interests.